This post was created in partnership with Samsung.
We’ve put together many gift guides over the years, including this year, but never in my life have I ever so fully endorsed a single gift for Christmas like this one. If you’re a designer of any sort, a minimalist at heart, an art-lover, or a Netflix binger, then guess what? This item should be at the top of your wish list for 2018. If you haven’t already … meet The Frame from Samsung.
If your eye didn’t quite catch that the TV in this photo, well it’s that large piece sitting directly above our console (which is currently doubling as our stocking storage!) featuring a lovely mountain range. And let me tell you – it’s about a thousand times better in person. I can honestly say that I can’t remember the last time I was so excited to add an electronic to my home. Actually, I’m pretty sure never would be the answer to that. But the second I saw The Frame, I knew we had to have it at the house.
Believe it or not, this screen is the same exact size as our other TV, which was sitting on the console, a huge black box distracting from the beautiful surroundings and artwork in the rest of the room. But now? Now, our TV is literally a piece of art that blends in beautifully with any image we choose to put on it! Why has this not been created sooner? How many decorating woes would have been solved!?! It’s literally the answer to my design prayers.
The No Gap Wall Mount is pretty amazing – it lends itself well to making the TV look exactly like a piece of art. And the Invisible Connection cord that attaches it to its little black box is so minimal, you can barely see it in real life.
The family may have spent a few hours alone just browsing through the built-in art options, uploading our own photos, and perusing settings to create just the right look for our living room. And since then we’ve been enjoying some major holiday movie watching, too! My favorite feature though might be the fact that you can stream music from you phone to the TV while its in Art Mode. It’s amazing for entertaining!!
Literally the only downside now is that I have to figure out how we’re going to style the top of that console once the holidays are over!! I’m also not quite sure about doing a gallery wall vs. keeping it as a statement art piece. What do you think?
A few of you who saw me teasing this new addition on my instagram have already asked a few questions that I thought I’d address here, but if you have any please feel free to ask away in the comments below!
- Is it as cool as it looks? YES.
- Does it still have all the features of most current TV’s? YES, and then some! Our other TV was only a few years old (also a Samsung!) but this has 4K UHD which is amazing picture quality, voice control, smart TV hub, and some damn good sound.
- Can you control the brightness, color, etc of the photo? YES. There is an app that connects to The Frame from your phone, and it allows you upload your own artwork, mess with the brightness and color temperature of the art, set a ‘sleep’ mode for it, and even connect to play music while art is still on the screen!
- Does it really look like art? In brighter, natural light especially, yes. I think adding the matt around the image makes it even more so! It’s a bit more obvious at night because – duh – the TV is backlit. But using the controls can help that!
- Is there anything you don’t like about it compared to a regular TV? It’s got everything you want from your usual TV and more. Plus, I love the simplicity of the remote – it’s so nice not having a million buttons.
In case you can’t tell, I’m a big fan. So, while it may not fit under the tree, if you’re asking Santa for something big this year, The Frame would be at the top of my list for SURE. And right now (through the 30th) the 55″ and 65″ sizes are an additional $200 off the regular price as a little incentive. Just go here to shop!