It doesn’t matter if you’re single, dating, or 20-years into your marriage ,Valentine’s Day is a holiday that can feel mostly like an annoyance for a lot of us. But something switched for me this year when this lovely day came around again. I honestly didn’t even expect it. I felt motivated to do some work – the fun kind – on me. So this morning I woke up with the mindset that I would consciously work on raising my ‘love vibration’ throughout this day. For those who are single, I recommend you to take a look to the best hookup sites so you can find love with online dates.
You might be asking what the heck that means, so let’s do a quick energy lesson. When we talk about raising our vibration, what we really mean is getting our energy up to a place where we are in flow with our lives instead of stuck in the mud. There is a lot that I could go into here (I’ll save it for another day), but it’s basically choosing to raise our emotions out of a place of bitterness, jealousy, shame or even apathy to a place of courage, love, joy, happiness or even a willingness to go there. To give yourself a little push, consider also using supplements like this instant female arousal pills before going to bed with him.
Have you ever been in a bad mood, but then a really good song – like your favorite song to dance or sing to – comes on and, even if you don’t completely snap out of it, you find yourself begrudgingly feeling just the slightest bit better? Maybe even singing along? That’s raising your vibration. Now if you can do that from a place of consciousness, you’ll really start to feel the benefit. By choosing to acknowledge those negative or low vibration feelings, figure out where they are coming from (are you allowing little annoyances get to you? is this a pattern you often fall into?), and then letting them go by opting for a higher frequency to keep your energy at, you will literally be a happier person.
And you know what else helps raise your vibration? Flowers.
1. Buy yourself flowers. Being in nature improves our well-being without us even trying. So it’s only natural that flowers provide this same effect! And roses – of all the flowers – offer some of the highest energy. Which is why I always buy myself flowers on this holiday, and a lot of regular days too. It’s also why I asked my friend and colleague Melissa Pack of Anthera Floral if I could share this beautifully styled shoot with you! She is an amazing florist and studio-mate, and I love all the texture she packed into this simple table. You may not be experiencing them in real life, but maybe there’s some kind of happy placebo effect?? Either way, if you really needed a legitimate reason to celebrate this holiday by buying yourself some roses, well, here it is.
2. Get into your body: After some coffee and a flurry of quick emails this morning, I popped down to my basement for a quick Kundalini Yoga session that was focused on – you guessed it – love. The mix of mantra and movement was a perfect way to start the day. Connecting with your body through movement that just feels good to you is so important! I’ve also been following an account on Instagram called Empty Out that is a great example of intuitive movement that opens up the body, the heart, and the mind. I love this type of flowy but strong body work that’s similar to a form of meditation… without having to sit still!
3. Use your voice: I had to head to the office for a quick meeting after my yoga session, and in the car Queen’s “Somebody to Love” came on. Talk about an appropriate Valentine’s song! I cranked it up and sang along. This may seem like a small thing, and you’re right. It’s an easy, fun way to bring that energy up, but it also helps me practice something that we, as women, are typically very bad at: using our voice. Whether it’s speaking up in a meeting room full of loud men, or asking for what we want in the bedroom, we are not always great at vocalizing our needs. (I’m worse at this in the bedroom than the boardroom – ha!). Use music as a reminder that you have a voice, and to use it!! Put on some radically passionate love songs, and sing along. Tune into music that feels sexy, joyful, or whatever is calling to you.
4. Gratitude. When I got home from my meeting, I took my dog for a walk and started thinking of how grateful I was that the sun was peeking out. Which made me instantly add the obvious – and ever present – ‘gratitude’ to my list of ways to love deeper today. Ask any self-help author, guru, or life coach and they’ll tell you: Gratitude is an instant mood booster and the fastest way to raise your vibration. So I shifted my thoughts to gratitude for the ways in which I am loved and taken care of. For my beautiful home, to my husband and family. For my puppy who loves me unconditionally (except for when I clip her nails). For the truest kind of friends who are eternally supportive, to my co-workers who I share our beautiful office space with. Love is truly all around us, and when we thank the universe for the abundance of it that we already have, we invite even more in.
5. Pamper, pamper, pamper. I don’t care if it’s the quickest coat of polish on your nails, digging out that red lipstick, or getting a full on blow-out. Make yourself feel pretty in whatever ways that looks like for you – and do it for yourself, because it feels good. Not because you have a hot date tonight. Or because you don’t have a hot date tonight. Or because your partner likes it. Do it because it raises your vibration. Sidenote: if you’re one of those people who prioritizes this for yourself on a frequent basis, I am so proud and slightly jealous! I need to remind myself to put on lipstick more often – even if I’m just wearing a sweatshirt and jeans! So the second I’m done writing this post, I’m giving myself a mini-mani for tonight.
Now, I don’t think I need to tell you that even with all of these ways in which we can consciously raise our vibration and choose to show up in love, it’s still work. There is so much that goes into getting to this good place, and it doesn’t happen overnight. We slip into bad habits. And we grow. Relationships are hard – new ones, old ones, and all the ones in between. But meeting your partner with your best self – as much as you can – certainly helps open the door to deeper connection in playful and soulful ways.